Friday, August 15, 2008

a good helper......

My kid can be so funny sometimes. I know that sounds biased because I'm her mom, but I really think it's true. I present the following case as an example:

*a little back story to understand the rest*

Seeing as how we have a 2 year old around here, there are times that instructions by us are followed by "no" or silence and a frown from her. So, much of the time when I tell Charleigh to do something I will say, "Charleigh, you need to (fill in activity)" and then I say, "Yes, Mama." To which she repeats "Yes, Mama" and 99% of the time does what I've asked.

Monday night around bedtime we told her that it was time to pick up her toys. She proceeded to walk over to her Woody doll, bend down and say "Time to pick up toys! Okay? Yes,Mama" (to Woody) then answered herself "Yes, Mama"
The pictures are a little hard to see, but she then picked Woody up and used HIS hand to pick up each and every one of her toys. Every couple of minutes she would proudly exclaim "Woody's a helper!!"
I'm telling you, this kid is a crack up. It took about 4 times as long as usual to clean up the living room because Woody is not as good with the motor skills as Charleigh, but it definitely provided endless entertainment.
I just love this girl!

3 comments:

Brent and Julie said...

What a cute story. I love to hear stories about the funny things little kids do.

Barbie said...

How cute!

bandofbrothers said...

too adorable!