Wednesday, January 02, 2008

rosson family christmas.....

When my grandma Rosson passed away 13 years ago my grandpa decided to move back to Arkansas to be near his family. In an effort to keep up holiday family gatherings, the 7 kids in my dad's family (yes, 7) decided to rotate between each person's house each year. So, start with the oldest, then go to the next kid and so forth. With just a couple of exceptions, this has now gone on for over 10 years. The first or second Sunday in December we all get together. This year we happened to be at my cousin Karla's house. Not everyone was able to make it, but a good time was had nonetheless. My daughter had a blast with the houseful of people and when we got home that night she displayed her true Rosson side by discovering that she is a HUGE fan of the coconut balls which are a Christmas tradition.

hanging out with Avery
my aunt Kiley, cousin Dale, his wife Tracey and their kids
my Uncle Eddie, Aunt Debbie, cousins Kasey and Kayla and their men
Uncle Lonnie, Aunt Patty and their family
our family sans Josh who was still at home recovering

No comments: