Monday, December 29, 2008

busy little bee.....

For Christmas this year, I've been sewing. A lot. See, we decided back around mid-summer that this year we would make "homemade" gifts. My mom and aunt thought this was a great idea. I was on board pretty much and my cousin Candice thought we had lost our minds. Well, Christmas arrived and guess who the two were to make their gifts? That's right. Candice and me. Well, technically my mom too, but I was kind of the ghost seamstress for her gifts.

Let's start with mine. I went for the Christmas quilt/blanket option........

my mom's.......



my aunt Sandy's.......

my cousin Candice's........
my mother-in-law Joanne's..........

(thank you Lorie/Colleen for the Yellow Brick Road pattern)

And now for my mom's gifts....aprons..........

Sandy's Four Corners Apron and Candice's retro apron........

my SIL Karrie's ruffle apron from Strawberry Patches, JoAnne with Four Corners and Cabria with another retro apron design.....

(95% of my fabric came from F&M....I love that place!)
And last but not least came a 9-square blanket for my newest nephew Gideon who is due to join us sometime in the middle of May.......

It was lots of work, but so worth it in the end. I love, love, love to give gifts and it was so fun to see how much everyone liked their stuff. I'd love to say that I get a break for awhile now, but that is totally not true. Next up.....Charleigh's blanket and curtains for her newly redecorated big girl room......

5 comments:

Barbie said...

Totally impressed! YOU GO GIRL!

Sara said...

I am sooooo impressed and have no idea how you did ALL that! You go girl is right!

Coco said...

Hey Carrie! I need some lessons from you now with those adorable aprons!

Brent and Julie said...

Wow! I love the blankets. You have been a busy girl. How awesome!!!

bandofbrothers said...

wow, i love it all, but i do think you lost your mind:) that is a CRAZY amount of work! But good for you.