Tuesday, June 03, 2008

we've been tagged.....


Charleigh was tagged recently by her good friend Henry so here goes......

1. My name is Charleigh Anne. Charleigh (sounds like Charlie) was my mom's first choice and my dad's last. Mom had liked the name for years before I was around and they had fought over this since before they even got married. But Mom finally begged (and played the pregnancy crying card) and won. Dad's okay with it now. Anne is from Mom's favorite book of all time, Anne of Green Gables.

2. I love my family. The whole crazy bunch of them. I'm especially fond of my Papa Rosson. If he's home, I'm his shadow. When he gets home from work, I empty his ice chest and then we play on his motorcycle. I can't wait 'til I'm big enough to ride for real. He's also my safe place when Mom and Dad try to make me sleep at night. If I run to him, he'll protect me.

3. I recently turned 2 and I'm trying my hardest to prove to my parents that I'm 2. I figure that it's my job to pay my mom back. At least that's what Nana says. She says I'm too big for my britches. Does anyone know what that means? Just because I can turn off the TV when no one else knows how and run to put out the placemats for dinner as soon as I see the cutting board does not mean that I'm too smart for my own good.

4. In a dream world, I would watch Little Einsteins from the time I get up until bedtime again. It's my favorite. I sing the songs and do the dances, but my mom starts twitching sometimes when we watch it. She's probably just as excited as I am.

5. I am a great traveler. I love the car. Since Mom made me ride to Arizona at 3 months I figure I might as well cooperate if they're gonna drag me around so much. And I don't even require a DVD player.

6. I love people. I have yet to meet a stranger in this world. Mom and Dad have never left me crying anywhere. Church, babysitter, you name it, I'm glad to be there. I even tried to give a kiss to the cashier at Michael's once but Mom stopped me. She's such a killjoy sometimes.

7. I am talking A LOT these days. My folks kept wanting me to talk and now they keep asking each other why they ever taught me to, but hey, a girl's got stuff to say.

8. I am quite attached to James and Brooke Chambless. James is my favorite person to play with and when Brooke came along she got swept into the mix. Most days when I wake up I ask to go play with "JamesBrooke" during the first 3 or so minutes out of bed. And, yes, I say their names as if it was one word "JamesBrooke".

9. I am way spoiled by those who love me. You should see my toy collection. It all started when I was the first girl born in 25 years on Mom's side and 30 on Dad's. These people had lots of girl shopping desires stored up. And I love it. I love playing with each and every toy I get. Mom says I look like a pinball machine when I bounce from thing to thing, but there's a lot to do in each day. No time to slow down.

10. I sleep with LOTS of baby dolls. It used to be 5, but now it has worked its way up to 7. And they have to all be there or I keep asking for "more babies" until everyone makes it. I also maked Daddy give each baby a kiss when he puts me to bed at night. This takes a very long time but he does it every time because he loves me so much.


There it is, a little about me, now I tag my friends Steven, Kasey, and Finn.

3 comments:

The 5 of Us said...

You know I was reading this thinking of please don't tell me to go and do this. And guess what??????? Go ahead and guess???? You did. Not only one boy but both. Due I ever tell that much about myself or my kids at once????? You are really going to get me one way or another.

I love you Carrie

Sara said...

Fun to learn more about cute little Charleigh!

Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorites too! Ella already loves the movie. We haven't watched it in a while. I think we need some Gilbert Blythe.....

bandofbrothers said...

so cute and funny that Josh has to giver her babies a kiss goodnight too. what a sweet daddy.

it may take me a little while to do Finn's meme, since Calvin's took me so long to do:)

and yes, I think we need some Gilbert Blythe round here too. He is quite swoon-worthy as my sister says!