Monday, June 23, 2008

remind me not to forget....

Sometimes I find myself so wrapped up in all the difficulties of the 2 year old phase that I don't stop often enough to notice all the really great things. Here are some of the things I hope to look back on this time and remember..........
  • when the letter W was pronounced "buttaboo"


  • when a bird's nest in the front yard tree warranted 10 viewings a day


  • when I never knew what she would look like upon waking up in the morning (clothes on? off? inside out? backwards? bottoms on top? top on bottom? all of the above? )


  • when all 7 babies HAD to be in bed before going to sleep


  • when the arrival of Daddy/Nana/Papa at the end of the day was cause for screaming excitedly "Daddy/Nana/Papa's Home!!!!" and running in circles in the living room


  • when walking around with toy buckets on her head was among the top 5 favorite daily activites


  • when bathroom trips at restaurants could result in clapping for the stranger she could hear peeing or loudly proclaiming "Yucka Poo-Poo!" for the lady she heard doing...well, you know


  • when she so proudly announced "I Did It!" for all accomplishments


  • when counting consisted of "2,1,6" or "1,2,5" or my favorite "1,2,1,6"


  • when no matter how many times she'd driven Mama to the brink during the day all it took was one good grin and all was soon forgotten.........


No comments: