Monday, May 12, 2008

party time....

Wow. I can't believe how time has flown by. Charleigh is already two. It seems as if I was just barely holding this tiny thing in my arms, wondering if I would get tired of her being around all the time and now we've already reached the 2 year mark. Monday night we had her birthday party with our family. Honestly, it felt like complete chaos but overall it was a very nice time. She received soooo many gifts and has bounced like a pinball machine playing with all of them since that night. I love that she is a kid who likes to play with her toys. Even that night, in the midst of the chaos, she loved each thing and was equally excited opening each gift. It's one of my favorite things about her. We had two cakes, one Rocket cake(mostly for looks) and a Costco cake for people to actually eat. Charleigh had a piece of the Rocket one and then proceeded to carry it out to the grass, then further out to sit on the curbing in the backyard. I can only guess that this comes from being instructed to eat on the curb at Coco's house. After the festivities were over, we finally got the munchkin to bed at 10:30, still crying that she "wanted to play."

checking out the Little Einsteins cake Mama made
this isn't even all of them.........
the birthday girl with her cake

1 comment:

Coco said...

I'm sosssooooo sad I missed all the fun! Happy Birthday Charleigh girl!