Wednesday, March 26, 2008

one of those days.....

...or more like, one of those weeks. I know that it sounds ridiculous, what with it having just been Easter which is one of my favorite days of the year and all, but for about a week now, I have totally been struggling. I feel as if I am in a funk and just can't seem to pull out. Someone advised me to try writing out my thoughts so that's what I'm doing. Hopefully it'll help clear my mind and not just sound like I'm whining. I don't really know what the problem is, it just seems to be there. Every time it seems to get better, another day comes that just seems to reinforce all my insecurities about myself. I was talking to a good friend a couple days ago and told her that I guess I always want to think that if I could only be this way or look that way or have this or do that, I wouldn't have all these awkward, geeky qualities. But I'm starting to think that's not true. I probably really know it's not true. The most frustrating part is that the voice inside telling me that these issues I have are just an exaggeration and so not logical just keeps getting drowned out by the one saying the opposite. I'm hoping that this beautiful spring weather and the adorable and semi-well potty-trained little girl I love so much will both be catalysts to bring me out of this, but for now please be praying for me ........

2 comments:

Barbie said...

I'm totally praying for you and just want to let you know that we all go through these funks. You're such a great mom and person!

bandofbrothers said...

Ah Carrie, but you're super cool!
I miss seeing you around. I love seeing you at girls night out. I'll pray that you see yourself as the awesome girl you are!!:)